Thursday, January 10, 2008

"Special Blankie"

Raeghan,
Soon after you turned 3 years old-Daddy and I decided it was time. Time for "Special Blankie" to go. Much to Grandma's dismay-we packaged up your "special blankie", wrote Cinderella's address on it and put it in the mailbox. (When you weren't looking Daddy snuck and took it out of the mailbox-up in the attic it went.)

"How far away is Cinderella's castle, Mommy?", you asked. I guess you thought you could go get it.

Here was the test:

So off to bed you went without your "special blankie". The unthinkable happened...you didn't cry. "What was the matter" and "How did that go so well"?, Daddy and I thought. Why did you not care this time when we took it away? Was it because you knew Cinderella had it? We were so proud of you.

The next morning I called Grandma and told her how well you did. Grandma just started laughing and told us she SNUCK you another "special blankie". Grandma was now in trouble and the whole house had to be looked over...to find ALL the blankies.

Overall you have done so well. You don't suck your finger/thumb anymore but on a rare occasion.

We knew you could do it and were a BIG GIRL!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

My precious "Goose",
Grandma didn't sneak you a blankie - I only pointed to a silk pillow nearby when we were snuggling in bed! After that it was all you girlfriend!

Powered By Blogger

background